I was tagged for this award twice, by Mandy at Devouring Books, and Soulful Spirit at Our Crazy Life. Thank you guys so much for these tags!
• If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award
• Thank the person who gave you the award
• Include a link to their blog
• Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
• Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
• Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
Since I was tagged twice, I will give you 14 things about myself.
1) I am an 18-year-old African-American girl.
2) I am a freshman in college studying Global Business!
3) I was homeschooled until high school. Then I switched to public school, which wasn’t that bad.
4) I’m a fairly good test taker and got a 1500/1600 on my SAT on my second try. Didn’t really affect where I went to college, as my school’s Honors program barely required over a
5) I love Kpop and have seen Day6, Astro, VAV, and DPR in concert. I am going to see ACE in NYC in December. My favorite concert was VAV because I got a free autographed album and got to have a fan sign with the members, and I got called on stage! My least favorite was DPR, the venue was awful and someone shoved their way into my place on the balcony at the start of the concert so I just gave up and watched the concert on the little TV’s on the couch.
6) I read ebooks really quickly, but I enjoy reading physical copies more. I can also be a little more judgemental with physical copies though, as I find myself remembering the small details that I didn’t like in the story more.
7) The game in my Steam library with the most hours is Stardew Valley, at 81 hours. I got about 20-30 of those hours in a week or two in the summer of 2016. I had nothing to do, and I fell in love with the game so I just played it nonstop. It almost made me sick, I was getting up, playing the game, eating, playing, and sleeping. I was dreaming about the game! But after I stretched to a more healthy amount of play, I enjoyed it more.
8) I think that the game I have played the most in all my life was the virtual world Build A Bear Ville or Bearville for short. I played that game from the time it came out in 2007 until around 2011, but then I stopped playing for a bit and tried out other games. I tried out SecretBuilders, Club Penguin, Pixie Hollow, and Webkinz, but I just kept coming back to Bearville. I loved it so much! Then it shut down, and I wish I had played it more when I had the chance.
9) I have both food and environmental allergies. The foods I am most allergic too are mostly types of nuts, such as peanuts and walnuts. I handle my allergies fairly well, but more often than not I have some sort of sinus issue going on.
10) One of my new dreams is to be invited to be on a panel at someplace like BookExpo. I would love to be able to tell others about how I got started reviewing books, and encourage other kids to do what I did. But I think I need to have more followers before I will get invited to anything like that XD
11) I want to support as many African American and other minority authors as possible. Sometimes I see that they are pushed to the site in the publishing world, so I hope to be able to connect with them and support them on their journies.
12) I love watching documentaries or opinionated BookTube videos as I procrastinate on something.
13) There are three things that I remember staying up late at night to do when I was a kid, or waking up early in the morning to sneak in an hour or two. 1) Read Harry Potter. 2) Play Club Penguin for DS Lite. 3) Play Toy Story 3 for DS Lite. These seem so random and I don’t know why my 10-year-old mind chose those things, but I did.
14) I struggle with high fantasy novels, but I always want to read that genre of books and get swept up into a new world. I just can’t keep track of everything.
15) My real name isn’t Briennai, but Alex. I created Briennai because I used it in video games and because I was only 16 and didn’t really want people looking for me. Now I want to be able to use this blog for job interviews and the like so I might go by my real name more.
Reading Between Wines
Clemi’s Bookish World
Ya On My Mind
Victorique And Her Thoughts
Caitlin Stern Writes
She Always Reads
Fifty Shades of Book Site
The Opinionated Reader
The Curious SFF Reader
Re-enchantment Of The World
No pressure to do it if you have a busy schedule! I just wanted to surprise you, so I don’t know how your schedules are. If you do the tag, I hope you have fun with it!