Thank you so much for nominating me for this Bree @ In Love & Words! I love this blog because it is designed with such bright and airy colors. Also, if you want to find amazing book recommendations, you should definitely check her out. I find something new to read almost every time I go there!
The Unique Blogger Award
- Display the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Answer the questions they’ve written for you!
- Nominate 8-13 bloggers and give them three questions in the spirit of sharing love and solidarity within our blogging family!
1. What are your favorite type of book blogger posts to read and why?
I really enjoy reading the Top Ten Tuesday or WWW Wednesday posts that people write. I just think that it really lets me know what types of books that they are into, and I can talk to the person about common books on our lists. It just makes for some really fun small talk with both new and older bloggers. I also like to search for book reviews on books that I have recently read in order to get other people’s opinions on the novel.
2. Who is one of your favorite main characters ever written and why? (And what book are they from?)
One of my favorite main characters ever written was Freya Snow from L.C. Mawson’s series by the same name. She was one of the first characters that Mawson ever wrote, but she was one of the best in my opinion. So many books have sprouted from her main storyline, as most of Mawson’s other fantasy series are connected to the Snowverse.
She is autistic, even though she was told for years that she wasn’t, and she sometimes struggles to get through situations that most people would consider to be “normal.” Nevertheless, she realizes in the first novel of the series that she is an Angel, and has to go fight Demons while still keeping up with her normal life.
Freya is open, even though many people have hurt her in the past. This openness allows her to make several really good friends as the series moved forward. She has grown from merely 14 to her early-to-mid twenties in the series and has gone through many changes due to her magical circumstances. She is also bisexual, which is touched upon a few times throughout the series.
I just really admire Freya’s strength and determination to help people. She barely lets anything get in her way. There are currently 11 books in the series currently, and I have read, reviewed, and loved every single one. I couldn’t recommend this series more! Here is a link to the list of the books: https://www.goodreads.com/series/212671-freya-snow
3. Do you like poetry? Do you like reading poetry on blogs?
I’m not gonna lie, I am not a superfan of poetry. 99% of the time, I can’t get into it. I follow a few poetry blogs though and check them out from time to time. I also really enjoy hearing poetry being read aloud.
James J. Cudney @ This is My Truth Now
Tiana @ The Book Raven
Stephanie @ Reader Fox and a Box of Books
Cia Black @ She Always Reads
Elena Johansen @ Elenajohansenwriting
Susan Dyer @ SusanLovesBooks
Shi @ Bookworm Ink
Tavleen @ Traveling Through Words
Ruthsic @ YA On My Mind
- What is the hardest part about blogging for you?
- What is the most inspiring character that you have met in a book, TV show, movie, or other creative media so far this year?
- What is your favorite artist/song/type of music to listen to while reading and/or blogging?